Accelerated Reader (AR) is the most popular and successful reading product of all time. AR’s advanced technology helps our school.
- Make essential reading practice more effective for every student.
- Personalize reading practice to each student’s current level.
- Manage all reading activities including read to, read with, and read independently.
- Assess students’ reading with four types of quizzes: Reading Practice, Vocabulary Practice, Literacy Skills, and Textbook Quizzes.
- Build a lifelong love of reading and learning.
Through the AR program, Desert Heights’ students have access to over 110,000 reading quizzes and the list can be accessed from any computer with Internet access.
What this means is now our students are no longer limited to just our school library. They can use the public libraries or books from their personal collection. Just find the book(s) they like to read and research on AR BookFind to see if a quiz is available. Once the student is ready to take the quiz, they can either take it in class or from any computer with internet access. Use the following links to access frequently used AR sites.
To find out more about Accelerated Reader, please visit their website at www.renlearn.com